Ads

Thursday 24 March 2016

The Little Girl Learns Dance

My little girl  lives far away from me
she is  so sweet and graceful in  her moves
learns dance with such a tremendous  glee Meenakshi Arun
primarily her  steps being a  standing  proof
"thai, thakka, thai thakka"
she says with a rhythm
her foot goes along with the" jathi"
sings she the divine hymns melodiously
expresses the theme with a "sruthi"
her eyes express the "bhavas" so beautifully
I stood enticed by her graceful movements
watching her from a  reliable distance
cautious of not being found by her at any moment
as I heard from my son not with a defiance
she being a six year old  so tender and sweet
wishes not  to dance before me for reasons best known
keeping her in my lap  I coaxed her with a greet
carefully  asked her why she did not want to dance?
said she politely all the more  and all very pleasant
granny, you mastered dance long  long ago
I wish to  perfect myself and would dance decent
saying so she quit the place  not as any other time
just a march  or a straight walk as usual
glided nimbly with "thaia thakka"  "thakkitta "
proposing a captivating dance all so casual

Reblogged from meenas17.com



No comments:

Post a Comment