Ads

Sunday 3 January 2016

The Devakottaians

Gibber jabber goes the talk
what could be in stock?
a chatter incessant all the more
money and jewellery  being the core
it goes on with a concentration55327_girl-writing_md
nothing else catches the attention
" I made a pendant and a bangle  one says
worth so much in a way
"I bought a property in a metropolis" says the other
a prized one in an accomplish  rather
the conversations go on for hours together
while the other one adds  with a fervor
"I made a wholesome profit in business"
a reward to my  hard work in a sense
an admirable,  enterprising group I see
I wish to make haste and flee
  have to sit amidst them looking on
what not and what else passes on?
as I have nothing to boast of in turn
money, property, jewellery  even for fun
own no business except my writing skill
I am  plain  and prosaic without any frills
they who belong to a  town Devakottai .

Reblogged from meenas17.com


No comments:

Post a Comment