Ads

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Bear The Yoke

The mechanical way of life
 keeps me in a strife
 I
wake up in the morning
 do my ablutions with a sing
 cook and eat at the proper time
 with nothing else to chime
 I lie in my couch and read
 a book I hold with all greed
 go through the pages as fast as I can
 then doze off under the fan
 the breeze through the window rocks me
 the birds sing a lullaby with glee
 a life I have well lived
 with tears and laughter all livid
 brushing aside the tears I went forward
 the incidents untoward
 oppresses me a lot with grief
 they have torn the most bright leaf
 the other leaves drag me to an extent
 I see through all the stunts
 both around and behind me
 at times want to flee
 brave as I am all throughout
bear the yoke in silence  without any doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment